New Heat Pump Legislation - January 2022
From the 1st January, 2022 production of current circulator pumps will stop in favour of high energy performance models.
European thermal regulations were launched in 1974 to pursue the implementation of new standards and regulations regarding energy savings. This is the next step in the application of the requirements defined for the energy efficiency index, in connection with Lot 11.
What is Lot 11?
This lot comprises:
- Fans, including fans integrated into other energy-related products
- Rotodynamic water pumps made to pump clear water, including those pumps integrated into other products
- Stand-alone glandless circulators and glandless circulators integrated in products, and motors, including those integrated into other products.
What is ErP?
ErP stands for Energy-related Products. This designation compiles all products consuming energy or products that have an impact on energy consumption.
The Objectives of ErP products is to generate energy savings by:
- Increasing the energy efficiency
- Reducing energy consumption by 20%
- Reducing CO2 emissions by 20%
- Improving the competitiveness of the European heating industry.
What does this mean for our customers?
Once our manufacturers' supply of the current range of circulator pumps has gone, we will only be supplying the new range of ERP Circulator pumps.
We will sell through our current range, whilst stocks last.
When purchasing new high-efficiency pumps it will be necessary to buy the new ErP pump with the corresponding wiring harness. To assist you in matching the correct Wiring Harness to the pump, please speak to a member of the team.